After a busy and fruitful summer Teleskopik Recordings are really excited to introduce its 20th release by Boom Merchant; a talented up and coming artist based in Glasgow, Scotland. The main track ‘Origins‘ kick starts this EP with powerful funky rhythmics alongside a rumbling baseline which slowly unfolds into a powerful acid line. The flip-side ‘Wilderness‘ combines Detroit influenced synths, warm strings and early 90s IDM sounds to create a beautifully crafted techno track. Due for release 11th October this gem has already secured some great feedback from its promo rounds …
- ’Nice work, good track. Will support, 9/10.’ - Simon Chambers | Recode Recording
- ‘Wilderness sounds good, thanks.’ - Brendan Collins aka Summer | Fade Records | Tulipa Recordings | EevoNext
- ‘Wilderness is a masterpiece. Forward-thinking, up-to-date, very nice. More tunes like this!’ - DJ Daesmith
- ‘Origins is great. Directly in my USB.’ - DJ Fady | Silver Club, Bucharest
- 'Excellent. Will support, 9/10.' - Dingle (Metadeko) | Baroque| Babylon | Workout | Airport Route | Bonzai
- 'Origins has a nice darker tech vibe to it.' - DJ Tronic | Resistance Recordings | Soupwarz | C.H.R.
- 'Loving the funk rhythms of both these tracks. Will air them on our radio show in the next month.' - Greg | UnderGround BroadCast Radio
- 'Nice atmosphere ...' - Kotangens Records
- 'Two fantastic tunes that throb in all the best ways. Origins has to be my pick though ... just a little easier to latch on to. Nice work all around.' - DJ Paul Pop
- 'Cool tracks ...' - DJ Tyler Stadius | Deep Xperience | Fabric Records
- 'Wilderness has all the right stuff for me.' - Stephen Brown | Indigo Aera | Transmat | Subject Detroit
- 'Great release, one of the strongest on the label to date.' - DJ Zuni | Tribal Waves
You can check an auditory sample here after the release date or you can buy your own copy from any of the usual online music stores … We’ll have more music coming your way before the end of the year as well as a revamped website – see you soon.